By Claudia Martillo
Bring a little bit of the holiday flavors you love to your home with these simple syrup recipes. Syrups are easy to make and are a great way to spice up your morning coffee and get in the holiday spirit. Making your own syrups at home is also a healthy alternative, as you’re able to control the ingredients and sugar content. These syrups can be used in your regular cup of coffee or in lattes, cappuccinos, and more.
- ½ tsp of peppermint extract
- 1 ¼ cups of granulated white sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Combine water and granulated sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat and mix until the sugar is dissolved. Do not let the mixture boil so the water won’t evaporate.
- Remove from the heat, and add the peppermint extract.
- Let the mixture cool and then store. Add to your coffee or teas as desired. Syrup can be stored for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Sugar Cookie Syrup
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tsp of cake batter extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 drops of almond extract
- Combine water and brown sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat and mix until the sugar is dissolved
- Add the cake batter extract and a pinch of salt
- (Optional) Add a few drops of almond extract
- Let the mixture bubble up and then remove from heat. Let the syrup cool and then store. Add to your coffee or teas as desired. Syrup can be stored for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 ½ tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine brown sugar, water, and molasses to a small pot over medium-low heat. Add cinnamon and ground ginger until there are no lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer
- Cook the syrup for 5-8 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract
- Let the syrup cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container. Syrup can be stored for 1-2 weeks.
Watch the video tutorial on our Instagram @doyoujavalove or TikTok @javalovecoffee