By Claudia Martillo
As the weather cools down and we start to break out the throw blankets and knit sweaters, the love of all things pumpkin comes back up. Pumpkin cake, pie, candles, and most importantly pumpkin spice flavored coffee.
Adding pumpkin flavor in your daily coffee for these chillier months is a great way to start your day and get into the cozy and spooky season. Not only is this syrup delicious, it’s also super easy to make at home. Mix up your coffee routine and skip the line, follow this simple recipe to make it in the comfort of your own kitchen.
What you will need:
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie extract (optional)
- A dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Over a small pot, add 2 cups of brown sugar, ½ cup of pumpkin purée, 1 tbsp of pumpkin spice, and 2 cups of water
- Optional ingredients to add, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tsp of pumpkin pie extract, dash of cinnamon
- Stir together until well combined
- Let it summer on low for about 3 minutes and let cool for at least 15-20 minutes
- Store it in any jar of choice, syrup good for about 2-3 weeks
This syrup is so simple and delightful, it’s the perfect addition to your daily coffee to these upcoming crisp fall mornings. It can be used to make your own pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cold brews, or in a plain cup of hot coffee. You can be creative and try it on pancakes or waffles like any other maple syrup. This could also be a great sweetener and fall flavor to add to a bowl of oatmeal.
For some extra guidance on this recipe go to our Instagram @doyoujavalove in our Reels