By Christina Giordano, JL Intern, Copywriter and Brew-at-Home Barista in Training
Brewing at home elevated my coffee routine. A process I thought would only be feasible on a Sunday morning has become my favorite daily ritual. As an almond latte enthusiast, I knew I had to curb my habit of trekking to a coffee shop every morning before work, but I couldn’t part with my favorite drink. I recently purchased a french press and committed to brewing coffee at home before my commute. To my surprise, mornings have never been easier! Here’s how my french press saved me time, stress and money while leveling up my barista skills.
How To Brew
I arguably have no culinary skills and avoid the kitchen at all costs. Committing to my french press honestly seemed like a lofty goal. What I thought would only last for a single Instagram story actually turned into a valuable experience that I look forward to everyday!
Brewing with a french press is a bit of an art, but it’s not reserved for coffee connoisseurs. Once I locked down the steps and timing of crafting the best brew, it became second nature. Here’s how I make my lattes in around 5-6 minutes.
1. After preheating the coffee press and mug, I opt for dark roast french vanilla coffee. Java Love beans are unlike anything I’ve ever tasted, so when I treat myself to a latte in the shop, I also grab a bag of beans that are ground specifically for my french press.
2. I measure six tablespoons of coffee to place in the cup. As a rule of thumb, use 1 tablespoon of coarse ground coffee per 4 oz. of water. My french press brews 3 cups for reference.
3. Boil water, allow it to sit 35-40 seconds after it has come to a full boil, then empty the warming water from the carafe.
4. Here’s where I add my measured coffee grounds.I pour in the hot water and stir for 15-20 seconds.
5. Place the lid on the french press and wait 4 minutes. When time is up, press slowly, pour and enjoy!
My latte is not complete without frothed almond milk to top it off. I use the LATTEO milk frother to make my DIY creation look and taste like it was made by a real barista!
Never Run Out of Coffee
If your days are as packed as mine, you’re probably not thinking about stocking up on all of your essentials. Don’t wait until you run out of coffee grounds to snag your next bag. When you join the coffee club, you can select 2, 3 or 4 bags of a single flavor to get delivered to your door every month. You don’t need to be part of the French press club to join the coffee club - choose whole bean, French press/cold brew, single filter pour over, automatic drip for both paper or metal filters, espresso, or Keurig grind depending on your preferred home brewing method.
Coffee club members enjoy free shipping on all subscriptions, and first time subscribers receive 50% off their first month. These 12 oz. bags are unique and carefully curated, sure to add some extra flavor to your mornings!